ADSM-L

Re: Adding node backup files access to other clients

2003-05-21 12:28:41
Subject: Re: Adding node backup files access to other clients
From: Hamish Marson <hamish AT TRAVELLINGKIWI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 17:28:11 +0100
rbs AT bu DOT edu wrote:

Yeah. That's what I did in the end, but had to change the password from
the admin client. I was hoping to avoid that (Because now i have to
reset the passwd at the client at some stage).

We don't understand what you mean by that.  The password can simply be
supplied on the command line.

If you know it...

Sorry. Scenario is this..

client 1 is temporarily dead. We want to quickly check the contents of a
couple of files before we decide whether or not to try & recover them
from the disk (Paranoia right...)

So we want to restore the files to client2 and check them. But we dont'
have access to client1 in order to do a set access to let client2 have
access to client 1's files.

The only workaround I have found so far is to 'pretend' to be client1
from client2's dsmc program, but that requires you to supply client1's
password (Requiring a couple of update node's to set passwords to
something known). Whereas doing it the set access way doesn't... There
appears to be no admin client way of doing the dsmc set access...

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #16396
       I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |