ADSM-L

Re: Notification

2003-05-21 09:30:56
Subject: Re: Notification
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,GL-CSC" <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 15:29:57 +0200
Sebastian,

For failure notification and much more, you can check out Tsmmanager at
http://www.tsmmanager.com

                René LAMBELET
                NESTEC  SA
                GLOBE - Global Business Excellence
                Central Support Center
                Information Technology
                Av. Nestlé 55  CH-1800 Vevey (Switzerland)
                tél +41 (0)21 924 35 43   fax +41 (0)21 703 30 17   local
K4-404
                mailto:rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com

>>> Sebastian.Szumczyk AT INGNN DOT PL 05/21/03 07:08AM >>>
Hi guys,
My TSM implementation has just finished. I manage dozens of servers
backup
up by Storage Manager and I see the problem how to notify about
failures and
failed backups. I'm keen on how you're doing automatic notification.
I've
got some ideas like notify via snmp but maybe u got some different,
better
ways.
That's a pity that baclient's API doesn't allow to forward events via
mail
or sms:-( Even ARCServeIT has it...
Regards,
Sebastian Szumczyk