ADSM-L

ANR0918E (Was TSM 5.1.5.1 failed backups)

2003-05-20 15:57:09
Subject: ANR0918E (Was TSM 5.1.5.1 failed backups)
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:56:56 -0500
Hi Geoff:
Have you had any resolution to this problem?  We've had a few occurences of
this now - when it happens to us all sessions basically seem hung up in a
run state - I believe most are w2k clients at the point of backing up system
objects - other nodes (eg Exchange backups) are still processing data.  We
are now at 5.1.6.4 Server and mostly 5.1.1.1 and 5.1.1.3 clients.
Thanks,
Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg
>There have been some problems with resource waiters and locks.
> It might be worth upping your server Resource Timeout value to 100
 Support asked me to change it again, from 60 to 90 this time, so I went
ahead and made it 100. I'm still having problems with Failed backups
reporting error ANR0918E. It's a random thing and although the clients are
mostly 4.1, and they tell me they won't look at them, I lucked out, or NOT,
and have it showing up on 5.1 clients too.
 10/31/02 23:51:22 ANR0918E Inventory Query Backup for node XXXXXXX
terminated - lock conflict.
Geoff Gill TSM Administrator NT Systems Support Engineer SAIC