ADSM-L

Re: TSM Servers sharing data?

2003-05-20 13:16:04
Subject: Re: TSM Servers sharing data?
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 19:15:02 +0200
On Tuesday 20 May 2003 18:02, Gerald Wichmann wrote:
> Is it possible for two TSM servers to share the data they've got backed up?
> Say I have a TSM server backing up many clients in Seattle WA. I also have
> a TSM server backing up many clients in California. Would it be possible
> for one server to restore the data of another server's client if there was
> a dedicated pipe between them?
I have the same question.  The only solution I see is to export the node date
from server 1 to server 2.  But this meanst that all node data is
transferred.  It should be better if you can synchronize the 2 TSM Databases
and it case of a diaster, put the offsite volumes online on the other site.

Stef

--

stef.coene AT docum DOT org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"