ADSM-L

Insufficient shared memory

2003-05-20 03:47:11
Subject: Insufficient shared memory
From: Karel Bos <Karel.Bos AT NUON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:46:39 +0200
Hi all,

One of our TSM server crashed last night with the following error:

TSM Server Diagnostic: ANR9999D: Insufficient shared memory for a 64 entry
condition variable table segment.

Box:
- OS         = Win2000;
- mem        = 4gig internal
- TSM server = 5.1.6.3
- Swapspace  = min 2 g max 4g

To solve this problem we reduced the max number of session and reduced the
database buffpoolsize, as specified in the help files. But I am thinking
this is not the problem. This server has around 140 clients storing there
back-up data to it. The max number of simultaneous session is newer above
100. With this amount of real memory it should be possible to have this load
without any problems. In AIX you can tune the Shared memory, but how does
one do it in Win2K?

Gr,

Karel