ADSM-L

Re: TOP for Exchange Backup Policy

2003-05-20 02:43:27
Subject: Re: TOP for Exchange Backup Policy
From: Marcus Witts <Marcus.Witts AT TECTRADE.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:41:57 +0100
hello yashwant.

hope you are well.

my thoughts on this are that you are registering two nodes to get around
limitations in the code, therefore it's legit.

marcus

           "Rane, Yashwant"
           <Yrane AT KOCKW DOT COM>
           Sent by: "ADSM:                                              To
           Dist Stor Manager"         ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
           <[email protected]                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
                                      TOP for Exchange Backup Policy
           20/05/2003 06:39

            Please respond to
            "ADSM: Dist Stor
                Manager"
           <[email protected]

Hi All,

We have implemented the TDP for exchange (24 X 7 environment). TSM backup
policy set to 90 days.
But Management wants to retain monthly backups permanently.

In this case backup set and archives can not be used as it does not support
TDP for exchange. Other solution is to use two node names for TDP backup.
Use one node name for daily backup and other node name for monthly backup.

My question is whether these two node names will be counted as two license
in use?
What is the general practice followed to retain monthly backups
permanently.

Regards
Rane