ADSM-L

Re: The TSM scheduler does not work after the upgrade to 5.1.6.1

2003-05-19 14:13:43
Subject: Re: The TSM scheduler does not work after the upgrade to 5.1.6.1
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:12:55 -0700
No, I am not aware of any problems that describe what you are seeing (if I
was aware, I would have mentioned it   :-). Granted, I do not have
in-depth knowledge of server-related fixes and 5.1.6.4 is the latest
server code. So it *could* be a problem in the server. The closest APAR I
can think of is IC33194, but that was fixed in the 5.1.1 code, and even
then, it does not exactly resemble your problem from what little
information I have. And unless I see clear evidence of a bug, I hesitate
to assume it is a bug without further information (one of my
troubleshooting rules is, "A TSM problem is not always a TSM problem".

> Since, there is no original request from the server,
> there is no responsibility from the client.

This is not necessarily true, and in fact ignores one of my other
troubleshooting rules: "Never take anything for granted."   :-)

For example, if your client is running with SCHEDMODE POLLING, the server
will not prompt the client. Or if the client has never contacted the
server before, then the server can not attempt to contact the client
because it does not know the client IP address.

At this time, I do not have enough information to tell you for sure what
the problem is. The only other suggestions I have to give at this time
are:

- Do not rule out the client machine as being the problem.
- Open a problem with IBM support for further assistance.

If you want to provide the other items I mentioned in my earlier note, I
will be happy to review them.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

"Frank Tsao, email is tsaof AT sce DOT com" <Frank.Tsao
05/19/2003 10:29