ADSM-L

Linux client failure

2003-05-19 14:08:59
Subject: Linux client failure
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:07:57 -0400
We have a 5.1.6.2 TSM server running under OS/390. One of our client
systems is an Intel Linux system with 5.1.1.0 client software and a
2.4.18-27 kernel. The client software failed about a week ago. The
following message was found in the scheduler log:

05/09/2003 06:29:52 B/A Txn Producer thread, fatal error, signal 11

As far as I have been able to determine, there were no other relevant
messages in either of the client logs. There were no relevant messages
in the server activity log. The client was in the process of backing
up a file system with about five million files. The fix lists for the
newer client levels do not include anything immediately identifiable
as a fix for this problem. Is this a known problem? If so, is there a
fix available?