ADSM-L

'query process' output

2003-05-19 13:35:20
Subject: 'query process' output
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:34:30 -0400
We have a 5.1.6.2 TSM server running under OS/390. We are seeing the
widely reported problem with the formatting of 'query process' output.
However, we are also seeing a problem with the content. The output for
some kinds of process includes a field labeled 'Current Physical File
(bytes):' which contains either an integer or the word 'None'. It
appears that our server is sometimes omitting one or more leading
characters from this field. I have seen 'one' instead of 'None'. I
occassionally see a number that starts with a zero or a comma. I
recently executed two successive 'query process' commands that showed
file counts of 77 and 78 for a particular process. The first command
reported a current file size of about 31 megabytes, but the moved
bytes field was about 731 megabytes greater in the second command than
in the first. Is this a known phenomenon?