ADSM-L

Re: dsmserv.dsk

2003-05-16 18:28:00
Subject: Re: dsmserv.dsk
From: Paul Ripke <stixpjr AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 08:27:19 +1000
Watching our recent upgrade from 4.1.3.x to 5.1.6.2, it seemed to hit
the
CPU a lot harder than the disks - and it didn't appear to be that
multithreaded; quad-CPU sun running ~ 25% busy. DBVOLs and LOGVOLs were
getting a steady trickle of requests, but the I/O queues on them were
only
1-10% busy. Mind you, I didn't watch it for the whole time :)

About 45 mins for a 14 GB DB, 300 MHz UltraSPARC II.