ADSM-L

Re: No Active Versions.

2003-05-16 17:09:42
Subject: Re: No Active Versions.
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 23:09:26 +0200
dsmc rest <filename> -pick -ina, does that sound sensible?

On vrijdag, mei 16, 2003, at 22:20 Europe/Amsterdam, Brian L. Nick
wrote:

Good afternoon,

TSM 4.2.1.9 server running on OS/390 2.10 TSM Client is 4.2.2.0 on AIX
4.3.

We were attempting to restore a file today and issued the command to
create
a pick list. I thought it odd that the pick list showed 3 inactive
versions
of the file only. I thought this odd so I decided to code a select
against
my backups and again I found on 3 inactive versions of the file. How
can I
have 3 inactive versions but no active versions of this file. Here are
the
policy options that are applied to the file:

Policy Domain Name       STANDARD
Policy Set Name          ACTIVE
Mgmt Class Name          STANDARD
Copy Group Name          STANDARD
Versions Data Exists          5
Versions Data Deleted         5
Retain Extra Versions         30
Retain Only Version      60
Copy Mode           MODIFIED
Copy Serialization       SHRSTATIC
Copy Frequency      0
Copy Destination         STD_BACKUP_PRIMARY
Last Update Date/Time         1997-01-16 11:52:38.000000
Last Update by (administrator)     TECKWC
Managing profile         -

 Thanks for any info that you can provide.

 - Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

************ CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments,
is intended only for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain
proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error, and any use, review, copying,
immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy
any and all copies of this communication.

************

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams