ADSM-L

Re: TSM Support for non-TSM data tapes

2003-05-16 15:41:05
Subject: Re: TSM Support for non-TSM data tapes
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:40:30 -0600
I played around with a way that will probably work for you.

Define a storage pool (say sysbak for AIX backup tapes).  Then define
volumes into that pool.  They will stay in the pool and not be used by TSM
as scratch tapes for other operations.  You can use the location field to
keep some information about the tape.

We did this at a customer site once a long time ago and as I recall it
worked fine.

Kelly J. Lipp
CFO/VP Engineering
STORServer, Inc.