ADSM-L

Re: old db backup tapes not returning

2003-05-16 11:01:07
Subject: Re: old db backup tapes not returning
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:00:15 -0500
Steven,

Sounds like you have an administrative command schedule that is deleting
the dbbackups from the volume history file. If you are using drm then you
shouldn't delete them manually because drm will handle it. I had the same
problem a few years ago.

Look for a administrative command schedule that has somthing similar to the
following command
        "del volhist todate-5 type=dbbackup"

If you find one, do a "q drmstatus" and I bet you'll find that the value
for "DB Backup Series Expiration Days" is more than 5 days.

Rick Saylor
Austin Community College