ADSM-L

Re: How to quickly determine the descriptions of archives?

2003-05-15 20:08:27
Subject: Re: How to quickly determine the descriptions of archives?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:07:49 -0700
Well, there isn't a method specific for doing this, but one way that
*might* work would be to do something like this for each volume or file
system you have:

   dsmc q ar volname:*

Since archive includes the directories containing the files (**), the
above command will show you the archived root directories, including their
descriptions. Note that you'll get duplicate descriptions if multiple
root-level objects are archived with the same description.

** Won't work for archives created with versions of TSM prior to 3.1 or if
you performed the archive with the -V2ARCHIVE option, since the
directories would not be archived.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

"Brazner, Bob" <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
05/15/2003 16:18