ADSM-L

the summary table

2003-05-13 22:32:52
Subject: the summary table
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:18:55 -0400
I'm running tsm server: 5.1 on aix. Correct me if I'm wrong but is there an
internal TSM job which goes through and updates the summary table of the
tsm database? If so how often does it run? I can't seem to catch a trend.
Also if that's true is there an option I can set in the "dsmserv.opt" file
to adjust that time intervals, if one exists?. My backup completes and I
query the summary table for a byte count and the update from the backup of
the day before is in there, then when I query again for a byte count like
45 minutes later or so it's there???. Any ideas....?

--Justin Richard Bleistein
Unix/TSM Systems Administrator (Sungard eSourcing)
Desk: (856) 566 - 3485
Cell:    (856) 912 - 0861
Email: justin.bleistein AT sungard DOT com