ADSM-L

Question about TDP for Oracle

2003-05-12 16:18:34
Subject: Question about TDP for Oracle
From: Henrry Aranda <harango AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:18:19 -0500
I have the following environment:
Machine A running Windows NT 4 sp6 with Oracle v8.1.7 (with RMAN), and
Machine B running AIX 4.3.2 with Oracle v.8.0.5 (Oracle Financials, without
RMAN).

If I create the Recovery Catalog and install TDP for Oracle in Machine A,
Can I backup Machine B oracle db from Machine A without installing TDP for
Oracle in Machine B?
or Should I install TDP for Oracle in Machine B? If yes, Does TDP for Oracle
require RMAN in Machine B?

Henry Aranda