ADSM-L

Re: DB2 restore and commtimeout

2003-05-12 12:08:51
Subject: Re: DB2 restore and commtimeout
From: "Tudor,Troy,VEVEY,GL-IS/IT" <Troy.Tudor AT NESTLE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:55:12 +0200
Hi Steve

For system copies, we set commtimeout to 1 hr for every 100 g/b of data base
datafiles.  Dependant on your disk, this may need to be higher.

How long does it taking db2 to create the datafiles?  (The user should be
able to tell you this)
Datafiles (db2 containers) are created in parallel per tablespace, so
creating multiple containers per tablespace and spreading them over max
disks will aid creation performance (and of course general db performance
too)

Unfortunately these containers can not be created during the actual restore
(to my knowledge).  They must exist in advance for db2 to restore the data
into.

We leave the commtimeout set permanently high.  We also set IdleTimeOut to
120

Best regards
Troy Tudor