ADSM-L

(Free/*) BSD TSM client demand

2003-05-12 08:32:09
Subject: (Free/*) BSD TSM client demand
From: Daniel Lang <dl AT LEO DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:31:53 +0200
Hello,

in the past there have been discussions and demand
for a *BSD client for TSM. To my best knowledge there is no
such client. In practice Linux and SCO clients have
been abused partially using dirty tricks (like NFS loop
mounts) to get it running.

Now, our computing centre is negotiating a new contract,
which makes it possible to get a FreeBSD (or *BSD) TSM
client developed. _BUT_ this will only be successful, if
we can show that there is sufficient demand overall.

So everybody, who would have interest in a TSM BSD client,
_please_ send me a short email about your demand, like

[..]
We are Organisation/Company $ABC, and we would benefit from
BSD clients. Our demand would be around $xyz clients.
[..]

No exact figures needed, details about your company/organisation
not required of course.

Stil, this would be _very_ helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
 Daniel Lang
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                      - May His Shadow fall upon thee -
 Daniel Lang * dl AT leo DOT org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/