ADSM-L

Re: CACHE BACKUP'S AND TSM

2003-05-08 18:06:28
Subject: Re: CACHE BACKUP'S AND TSM
From: "Nast, Jeff" <JNast AT SMDC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 17:05:58 -0500
We have implemented Cache (via Epic) on an IBM RS/6000 and AIX v4.3.3. The
disk is external on a SAN in an IBM ESS (Enterprise Server Storage, Shark).
We currently freeze the Cache database, use Flashcopy on the ESS for the VG
(to flash an exact copy to target LUNs), and thaw the Cache database. This
is less than a minute of downtime.

Once the database disk is flashed, we then vgimport the flashed target LUNS
to another AIX machine and backup the filesystems using the TSM Storage
Agent (LAN-Free).

-Jeff Nast
SMDC
Duluth, MN