ADSM-L

Re: Manageservices schedule webclient

2003-05-08 11:53:16
Subject: Re: Manageservices schedule webclient
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 10:52:25 -0500
You can run into trouble putting the 'quiet' option in the client dsm.opt
though, so be careful.  Many errors will not show up in the Server Activity
Log when the client uses that option.  Our Data Center operators run a TSM
morning script looking for errors from the previous nights client backups,
if there are errors, they inform me and the client admin.  If that
particular client errors are not showing up and the client admin relies on
the operators notification before checking his own dsmerror.log (you would
be surprised how often this is the case) then that client could be having
errors that are not getting noticed for quite a while.

Shannon

                      Wolfgang Bayrhof
                      <wb AT CONSULTANT DOT CO        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Manageservices
schedule webclient
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      05/08/2003 07:58
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi Mark,

if you don't need a entry for each file, just put the option QUIET in your
dsm.opt file.

best regards,
Wolfgang Bayrhof