ADSM-L

STK and LAN-free

2003-05-08 03:13:32
Subject: STK and LAN-free
From: jiangguohong1 <jiangguohong1 AT ETANG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 15:16:04 +0800
>From: Tuncel Mutlu (B.T.B.S.G.) [mailto:Tuncel.Mutlu AT AKNET.COM DOT TR]
>> Hi, I was doing a search on Web support site but couldn't
>> find any info about the softwares required for library
>> sharing between TSM servers and/or LAN-free backups (using
>> Fiber switches, not SANergy) using StorageTek libraries, STK
>> L700 (UNIX/NT/2000 only) especially. I remember I found
>> something before (tivoli web site), but may be I am confused
>> with Gresham and mainframe.
>>
>> Do I need ACSLS or some other software ?
>
>You only need ACSLS when you want to share an STK library; it's not
>required if your TSM server is the only machine accessing the library.
>
>--
>Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)
>Berbee Information Networks
>Office 262.521.5627

hi,
the following information is provided for you as referrence.
you may have the following different method to config STK L700 tape library:
1.you may directly use device type "ecart" to config STK L700 tape library,as
well as the other scsi tape library.you need not ACSLS and some other software.
2.you may config STK L700 using ACSLS server that is based on AIX or Solaris.in
this time,you will use device type "ACSLS" to config STK L700 tape library,but
that can not realization LAN-free data movement,tivoli storage agent function
will be able to apply.
3.To use ACSLS library manager software,if you want to realization LAN-free
data movement,you must require the gresharm's EDT-DistribuTAPE software.you
must acquire gresham's EDT software licese.