ADSM-L

Problems with TDP for ESS R3

2003-05-06 09:09:10
Subject: Problems with TDP for ESS R3
From: Gianni Garda <Gianni.Garda AT LABINF DOT IT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:59:11 +0200
Hi all,

I have a problem with  TDP for ESS R3 in Oracle environment.
The version of TDP is 1.1.10.2 and the problem is the connection with the
primary copyservices server .

Here a part of the log
------------------------
#INFO IDS1014I Checking connection to primary CopyServices server...
#INFO IDS1016E The primary CopyServices server is down or has an invalid
adress.
#INFO IDS1014I Primary CopyServices server is down...
#INFO IDS1014I Trying the specified ESS backup server ...
#INFO IDS1014I Checking connection to backup CopyServices server...
#INFO IDS1016E There is a problem with both ESS CopyServices servers.
#INFO IDS1014I Both CopyServices servers are down. Exiting...
#INFO IDS1016E No CopyServices Server is available.
#INFO IDS1024I Exiting with return code 23.
#ERROR IDS1028E Idscntl ended with errors on the production system.
#ERROR IDS1024I Exiting with return code -1.
BR280I Time stamp 2003-05-05 16.17.20
BR279E Return code from '/sapmnt/ERP/exe/idscntl -f flashcopy -p
/oracle/ERP/817_64/dbs/initERP.fcs -i /oracle/ERP/sapbackup/.bdkokojv.lst':
255
BR299E Split/resynchronization of mirror disks failed

I have verified that the network  is OK and the parameters in initSID.fcs

SHARK_SERVERNAME_PRIMARY , SHARK_SERVERNAME_BACKUP , SHARK_USERNAME  are OK
too.

Thanks in advance for yours help

Gianni Garda
Technical Support