ADSM-L

Re: Moving TSM from one AIX box to another

2003-05-06 09:56:43
Subject: Re: Moving TSM from one AIX box to another
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 08:55:33 -0500
Kathy,

I did this recently. I used NFS to copy the database and logs to the new
machine. FTP would work as well. Just be sure that TSM is down before you
transfer the files to the new machine. Also, while you're at it, transfer
dsmserv.dsk, dsmserv.opt, volumehistory, devconfig, inclexcl.def files too.

Rick