ADSM-L

Please help LIBRARY IS DOWN.ACSLS issue.

2003-05-02 11:42:14
Subject: Please help LIBRARY IS DOWN.ACSLS issue.
From: "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp3965 AT SBC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:41:04 -0500
I am confused with this issue please help.

Today I shut down TSM server and bought it up , everything was ok.Clients
backed up and I checked up logs and all went off well.

Again I shut down TSM server but this time TSM came down with all its
threads but did not come back to command prompt.
I don't suspect anything on ACSLS .But still I  don't know why ACSLS library
is not communicating with AIX devices support , i.e rc.acs_ssi does not
return message back as init complete.

I have 3 TSM servers rest 2 of them are ok which are on same ACSLS Server.

So I re started rc.acs_ssi which  is ACSLS advanced device start up script
with shows init started as shown below ,but there is  no reply from acsls.

I need not start TSM server since init process Is not yet over on ACSLS side
from AIX Server .Its communicates  between ACSLS and TSM devices
$TSM_HOME/devices/bin/rc/acs_ssi .

I see AIX devices /dev/rmt0 and /dev/mt0  i.e tapes show on line and 9710
Tape drive mounts scratch media in drive manually on ACSLS Server..

Please help me to understand why I am not receving  Initiation complete.I
see only started message on AIX devices event.log.

05-02-03 10:24:27 SSI[0]:
ONC RPC: csi_init(): Initiation Started

I restarted ACSLS Sun Server and 9710 IPL .But no help.Thanks in advance for
help

Thanks in advance.