ADSM-L

Re: How do drives "initialize"?

2003-04-30 09:12:14
Subject: Re: How do drives "initialize"?
From: "Jason A. Specland" <jas2005 AT MED.CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:11:44 -0400
Thanks to everyone who helped.  (Although I didn't respond to your
requests for more information, I did use them as clues as to where to
look.)  And while I'd checked the paths about a thousand times, the
"ONLINE" parameter to UPDATE PATH seemed to escape my notice.  :)

Perhaps a more informative error message, indicating that the issue is
a software setting rather than a hardware failure might be in order for
a future release?

--
Jason A. Specland
Unix Administrator