ADSM-L

Re: EMC + Legato = True?

2003-04-30 03:25:06
Subject: Re: EMC + Legato = True?
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:23:53 +0200

When I try to explain how the backup world look like is I always say
something
like this.

The Sun is the heaven of Backup Storage.
And NT Backup/Backup Exec do you found on Pluto and Legato and NetBackup on

March and TSM on Earth. After that I always explain way TSM is so much
better.
:)
But now when Networker is promoted by EMC. I think Networker can take a
large
step to next generation of backup like TSM has.

But from one thing to another.
Do anyone know if TSM has support for Spectra Logics iSCSI library?
I hope to get one iSCSI library begining of may.

Best Regard / Med vänlig hälsning
Christian Svensson

…………………………………………………………………………....
Cristie Nordic AB
Box 2             Phone : +46-(0)8-718 43 30
SE-131 06 Nacka         Mobil : +46-(0)70-32 15 77
Sweden                  eMail : Christian.svensson AT cristie DOT se

Visit : Gamla Värmdövägen 4, Plan 2
web : www.cristie.com
…………………………………………………………………………....

                      "Hart, Charles"

                      <charles.                To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      hart@MEDTRONIC.          cc:

                      COM>                     Subject:  Re: EMC + Legato =
True?
                      Sent by: "ADSM:

                      Dist Stor

                      Manager" <ADSM-

                      L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      2003-04-29 22:51

                      Please respond to

                      "ADSM: Dist Stor

                      Manager"

Good Point why is that?  In addition whether it be Veritas, Legato or
StorageTek they are all coming out with Backup solutions that are becoming
more an more like TSM....  If I could only get our Management to understand
replacing our TSM with Netbackup is an expensive trip backwards in Backup
Technology.....