ADSM-L

Backup to disk and NDMP Support for Netapp filer

2003-04-29 07:44:28
Subject: Backup to disk and NDMP Support for Netapp filer
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:43:14 +0200
We are planing to move our TSM Server from OS/390 to Windows2000.
(CPU Costs, old Tapelibrary 3590B, less functionality for TSM on MVS,...)

Also one reason is to improve the backuphandling of our 3TByte Netapp Filer.
And of course i belong to that people, who think that tapes become out of
fashion and
i plan buying cheap ide Storage for Primary and copy Pool. (about 12 TB)

Since TSM supports NDMP on Windows2000 everything seems fine, but i couldn't
find any examples at IBM
for an NDMP setup with diskpool as target.

Isn't that possible? Is it planned?