ADSM-L

Re: TSM Manager

2003-04-28 10:38:16
Subject: Re: TSM Manager
From: Chris Murphy <cmurphy AT IDL.STATE.ID DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:38:49 -0600
Hi Kenneth,

We use TSMManager to help us with 2 TSM servers.  Overall, we are happy with
the product.  Communication with the software maker has been prompt and
helpful.  The interface is a bit rough, but is quite functional.  We use it
to perform operations with our libraries and to monitor the ACTLOG for
events we need to  be aware of.  It is capable of substituting in for ITSM's
DRM feature, but since we are already licensed for it we use ITSM's instead.
I have not used any of the competing products, so cannot offer any
comparitive opinions.

I have heard good things about ServerGraph though, and I am certain some
generous folks on the list will give you their opinion about it.

HTH

Chris Murphy
IT Network Analyst
Idaho Dept. of Lands
Office: (208) 334-0293
Cmurphy AT idl.state.id DOT us
>From 101 Reasons you cannot find your SysAdmin:
#80The admin is emptying the bit buckets

>>Anyone used this software, what do you all think about it?  I am
considering buying it.  I have upwards >>of ten TSM servers to manage.  Any
completing products I should consider.