ADSM-L

Re: Unable to restore DB (was: Re: undelete volh type=dbb)

2003-04-24 16:45:05
Subject: Re: Unable to restore DB (was: Re: undelete volh type=dbb)
From: Paul Ripke <stixpjr AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 06:44:29 +1000
On Friday, Apr 25, 2003, at 01:39 Australia/Sydney, David Rigaudiere
wrote:

hum,
Is TSM Server 5.1.6.3 able to restore a DBBackup from TSM Server
4.2.1.15 ?
We have migrate from 4.2 to 5.1 between BACKUP DB and RESTORE DB.

I don't find anything about it in admin guide.

I'm pretty sure you can only RESTORE DB on matching versions from the
BACKUP DB... UNLOAD/LOAD may work across versions, but that's a
different matter.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke