ADSM-L

Re: Backupset/Volhist Problem

2003-04-24 16:27:24
Subject: Re: Backupset/Volhist Problem
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:29:46 -0500
You can use a wildcard for the backupset name.  Try delete backupset
<nodename> * beginddate=today-1 enddate=today.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.compures.com

             Mark Bertrand
             <Mark.Bertrand@US
             UNWIRED.COM>                                               To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Backupset/Volhist Problem

             04/24/2003 02:00
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

During creation of a backupset my TSM server crashed and rebooted (Bad
Processor). Now I have a tape volume that is showing up in q volhist as
last
used backupset. The backupset never had a chance to complete. I have tried
to "delete vol VOLUMENAME discarddata=yes" but the volume does not defined
in any storage pool.

In the old days we used to use "delete volhist type=backupset todate=(the
day after the backupset was created) totime=(the same time)
volume=(volumename in all CAPS) force=yes" to clear volumes that had passed
the backupset retention setting to be able to reuse the tapes. When I tried
the command I got "ANR2023E DELETE VOLHISTORY: Extraneous parameter -
volume."
Reading the help delete volhist it says " Use the DELETE BACKUPSET command
to delete specified backup set volume information in the volume history
file. Do not use this DELETE VOLHISTORY command to delete backup set volume
information in the volume history file."
I can not use the delete backupset command because the backup_set_name is
(Required), which I do not have because the create backupset never got that
far.
I know I have an unusual situation because of the crash, but I was hoping
someone may have a suggestion.

TSM Server 5.1.6.3 Win2K
Thanks,
Mark Bertrand