ADSM-L

Re: anyone using ATA disk systems

2003-04-24 09:25:51
Subject: Re: anyone using ATA disk systems
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:26:56 -0500
We don't have ATA arrays, but we do try to have as large a disk pool with
casheing as
possible.  I would love to have a couple of TB disk pool, but still put a
local tape pool and copy pool to tape.  Why the local tape pool? Just for
'when' we outrun the primary disk pool.  Good tape drives / library can buy
lots of ATA TB arrays, but they can handle more in the long run.

The right answer?  As always, it depends on the particulars of your
circumstance. [ I always hate that kind of cop out, but it is true :(  ]