ADSM-L

Re: server free backup configuration

2003-04-24 06:50:04
Subject: Re: server free backup configuration
From: Gyula Bereczky <bx AT DATATRANS DOT HU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:49:17 +0200
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 02:17:12PM +0200, Hegedus György wrote:
> Is it good for LAN-FREE backup?
> It is an IBM 3583 library attached to SAN. There is a TSM server, and some
> Storage Agent.
> The pathes and servers (Storage Agents) are defined.
> But the backup data always go through the LAN.

On the server check that the storage agent is started, and logged in.
(q ses)
Then check the path definitons, and make sure, all paths are online.
(q path)
If all the above seems okay - i doubt it -, still you can take a look at
the client dsmerror.log, dsm.opt, etc files. If enablelanfree is yes, it
should have an error message when it falls back to the lan method.

--
       bx
"Seize the day - I heard him say - life will not always be this way,