ADSM-L

objects syntax

2003-04-23 13:55:32
Subject: objects syntax
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:51:19 -0400
I've got a scheduled archive of a W2K box, client level 5.1.5.6 to grab
multiple files and folders in an Oracle directory structure. In my
testing I've been changing various paramaters and keep running into an
oddity.

The syntax for my objects is as follows: "d:\folder\folder\folder\*"
"d:folder\folder\folder\*", all of which is surrounded by single quotes
(server is 4.1.4.2). If I make any change to the scheduled task, like
timing, and don't reenter the single quotes around the objects line I
get an error concerning invalid objects entry, enter the quotes and it
takes the changes.

Anybody seen this, or know if this is working as designed?

I should note that my options include -archmc and -su=y.

Thanks,

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems