ADSM-L

Re: DR test....issues

2003-04-23 13:11:49
Subject: Re: DR test....issues
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:19:13 -0500
First of all, if it isn't on tape, you won't have it. If you're backing a
client up to a disk pool only, you will need to back up the disk pool to a
tape copy pool to have the files available for recovery.

On the SAP restore, this is 'normal'. Take a look at your storage pool
backup process, and you'll see that both SAP backup tapes get copied to the
same offsite copy pool tape. When you go to restore, both sessions will want
files on the same tape and end up ping-ponging back and forth.

There are several ways around this; the easiest, if you have the tape
drives, is to add 'maxproc=2' to your backup stgpool command. This will
mount both input tapes and two output tapes.

As for which tapes to mount -- can't help on this one. I run an AIX server
and let TSM write mount requests to the console real-time, and I'm not sure
how to do this in NT/Win2K.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc