ADSM-L

Re: how does backup work if existing client gets new mgmntclass?

2003-04-23 08:04:11
Subject: Re: how does backup work if existing client gets new mgmntclass?
From: adsm <adsm AT PHRAD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:07:52 GMT
Hi richard,
hmmmmm.....Im not sure I understand what ur saying....
the idea is a new managementclass with a new collocated
disk,tape and copypool. so if i read right, the first
scheduled backup should be full?

another question, what happens to the data which still
resides within the other storagepools? are they being kept
the way the old managementclass tells it to do or according
to the new management class?

thnx!
michelle

(formerly michelle.wiedeman AT multrix DOT com, but my boss wasnt
happy with my using the corporate email adress for the
mailing list ;o)

ps: you told me 2 weeks ago when  i had problems with my
library that the 3575 mainboards are sold at ebay for $50,
but I cant seem to find one.
Its nothing urgent, but I would like to fix the old "trash"
library from which I took the mainboard and start using it.