ADSM-L

Re: DB growth.

2003-04-22 11:59:43
Subject: Re: DB growth.
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:59:12 -0700
Duane,

dsmadmc -id=id -password=password -comma -out=myfile select node_name, type,
filespace_name, num_files from occupancy

Once that's done, load myfile into your favorite spreadsheet or tab-data
massager (sometimes I use Perl).  You can start searching for
nodes/filespaces with very high numbers of files.  That's what'll cause DB
Bloat.  I think you can get the same information with just a "query
occupancy," but I've never used that output for something like this.

I hope this helps.

Alex Paschal
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail