ADSM-L

Re: Volume is both scratch *and* defined in storagepool

2003-04-22 09:37:54
Subject: Re: Volume is both scratch *and* defined in storagepool
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:37:28 +0200
Hi,
you can try to update libvolume 659ACP to set status to private. Then your
TSM server will not try to mount this volume as scratch.
Or you can delete this volume and define it again.

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava
tel.: (421) (2) 60252618

                    Karel Bos
                    <Karel.Bos@NU        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    ON.COM>              cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Volume is both
scratch *and* defined in storagepool
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    22.04.2003
                    15:19
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi,

If you have the Scratch Volume set to no, the volume will be part of the
defined storage pool even if it is empty. It will not return to the scratch
pool.

tsm: SERVER1>q vol 659acp f=d

                   Volume Name: 659ACP
        Pct. Reclaimable Space: 0.0
               Scratch Volume?: No
Last Update by (administrator): JOSKAM
         Last Update Date/Time: 04/03/03   11:12:48

However, I don't think that is the reason of the drive errors. I would do
an
audit vol fix=yes (should be fast because the volume is empty), delete
volume and check out the volume. Have a manual look at it to see if its not
write protected. Check it in with stat=scr.

Gr.

Karel