ADSM-L

Re: Post again Not a peep on SAP R/3 on Tru64

2003-04-18 10:15:35
Subject: Re: Post again Not a peep on SAP R/3 on Tru64
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:54:38 -0500
I've held off, as I don't do True64 --

In the AIX world, there are overrides for the location of the dsm.opt and
dsm.sys files used by the api interface (backint uses the api interface).
These are DSMI_CONFIG (pointer to the opt file) and DSMI_DIR (path to the
binaries). Set and export the environment variables. Mine look like this:

DSMI_CONFIG=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/dsm.opt
DSMI_DIR=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin

Also, in the initSID.utl file for backint, in the server stanza, you should
see a line for 'PASSWORDREQUIRED'. If set to 'NO' then passwordaccess (tsm)
is assumed to be 'generate'. If set to 'YES' then you need to run (as the DB
owner id) backint -f password -p <path to initSID.utl>; the password will be
encrypted and saved in the initSID.bki file -- and this will need to be done
any time the password changes.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc