ADSM-L

Advanced Config of TSM servers (2 or more scenarios)

2003-04-16 16:41:04
Subject: Advanced Config of TSM servers (2 or more scenarios)
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:42:04 -0500
I have two TSM servers (not yet, but coming),

One is primary and everybody backs up to it today.

The secondary will have as much disk space as the primary, but only one tape
drive (not a library), but we want to configure it to have a similar (but
smaller)
library attached for DR tests and the event of a real disaster.

Normally (not during DR tests) we have network connectivity between the
sites, so we can do automatic file transfers, remote copy pools, etc. as
needed.

How do I set it up to (1) already have a copy of the database in place on
the secondary
system, so db restore is not needed and we can just start restores from
copypool
tapes.  Or (2) if we do get a second library permanently, put a copy of all
the primary
pools on the secondary server too, so we can just do normal restores
pointing to it.
Or (3) [any input is welcome - your solution goes here!]

I know this is a tough set of questions, but it should be an intellectual
challenge for some
creative solutions! ... As always, Thanks for all your help! ... Jack

Almost forgot: Currently we are at TSM 4.2.3.1on Windows 2K and are held up
till early fall from upgrading, so this would probably happen then!  Are
there features of 5.x that would make this easier?