ADSM-L

Re: TCPwindow size on Solaris 5.8

2003-04-16 11:32:20
Subject: Re: TCPwindow size on Solaris 5.8
From: "Wholey, Joseph (IDS DM&DS)" <JWholey AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:30:56 -0400
Gary,

On some servers I get as much as 64MB/sec (which is great) and on others, I'm
getting as little as 4MB-9MB/sec.  From what I'm told, these clients with GIGE
cards are on a GIG network (which you'd
expect).

I'm in the process of trying to figure out what the problem is.  They're all
really big machines, 6800s, and supposedly configured the same.  Of course they
probably have different workloads, but
4MB/sec, come on.

Anyway, you can change your TCPWindow to 1024, and TCPBuff to 512.  It should
take those parms.

Regards, Joe