ADSM-L

can't define disk volume

2003-04-16 10:10:02
Subject: can't define disk volume
From: Fred Yang <FYang AT NSHS DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:08:26 -0400
Hi, All,

One strange problem: I'm running TSM 5.1.6 on AIX5.1, when I try to create a
new disk volume using "def vol collodisk /dev/rtsmcollodisk10", I got below
error:
ANR2404E DEFINE VOLUME: Volume /dev/rtsmcollodisk10 is not available.
ANS8001I Return code 14.

And in activity log, it shows:

ANR7805E Volume /dev/rtsmcollodisk10 is in use by another server.
ANR2404E DEFINE VOLUME: Volume /dev/rtsmcollodisk10 is not available.

If I delete the raw volume in AIX and recreate it as /dev/rtsmcollodisk101,
then I could defined it in TSM without problem, it seems TSM just don't like
the specific name, although I created volume from /dev/rtsmcollodisk01-25
without any problem.
It doesn't hurt anything but it's so annoying, anybody has any clue why this
happens?

Regards,
Fred Yang
NSLIJ Information Service