ADSM-L

Re: New media and old copy pools

2003-04-15 13:18:00
Subject: Re: New media and old copy pools
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:17:27 -0400
Well, you can't avoid the full copy to create the new 3590 copy pool.

But, there is no harm whatever in starting the copy (backup stgpool
primarypool 3590copypool) and just cancelling the process when you want to
free up your tape drives for a while.

Start it again, and TSM will pick up where it left off.

I don't mean that it will necessarily start with the same tape, but TSM
knows where all you data is all the time, so a backup stgpool is always
incremental - it will only copy data that isn't in the copypool already.

So just run it a few hours at a time, until you get caught up.