ADSM-L

Re: Connect to TSM ODBC Driver with Regina and Rexx/SQL for ODBC no longer possible

2003-04-15 10:12:11
Subject: Re: Connect to TSM ODBC Driver with Regina and Rexx/SQL for ODBC no longer possible
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 07:11:34 -0700
Hello Christian,

Your ODBC Driver Manager trace shows the following:

regina odbcfile 584-1dc ENTER SQLSetConnectOption
  HDBC                00981598
  UWORD                      102 <SQL_AUTOCOMMIT>
  SQLLEN                     0
regina odbcfile 584-1dc EXIT  SQLSetConnectOption  with return code -1
(SQL_ERROR)
  HDBC                00981598
  UWORD                      102 <SQL_AUTOCOMMIT>
  SQLLEN                     0

  DIAG [S1C00] Optional feature not implemented. (3)

The application was calling SQLSetConnectOption() to set the
SQL_AUTOCOMMIT mode to SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF, which means that you want the
ODBC driver to use manual commit mode, and that you will use SQLEndTran()
to commit or roll back transactions.

TSM does not support manual commit mode, so the call to
SQLSetConnectOption() returned ODBC error code S1C00, which means that the
feature is not implemented. Is this call to SQLSetConnectOption()
something that Regina Rexx does implicitly, or do you have control over
this? If you have control, then maybe that code needs to be adjusted to
not use manual commit mode.

I do not know why this is working for you on some machines but not on
others. On the machines where it works, is the 5.1.5 ODBC driver being
used?

Let me know if any of the above helps. Likewise, let me know if it doesn't
help. In that case, please do the following:

1) Let me know how I can obtain Regina Rexx and the Rexx/SQL extension
(are these freeware?), along with step-by-step instructions and code
examples that will show me how to reproduce the problem in the lab.

2) Open up a PMR with IBM so that we can track the progress of this. While
Rexx/SQL is not formally supported (we don't do any testing with it), we
will look at this on a "best effort" basis. If it turns out to be a bug in
the ODBC driver, then we will try to fix it (again, on a best effort
basis).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.