ADSM-L

Re: AW: AW: TSM on Mainframe, Using STK 9840 Drives in 359 0 Image Mo de

2003-04-15 10:10:09
Subject: Re: AW: AW: TSM on Mainframe, Using STK 9840 Drives in 359 0 Image Mo de
From: John Naylor <john.naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:07:40 +0100
Hi Helge,
The "problem" is that in our environment this would be a complex change
My 9840 drives are heavily used, and it would be very difficult to make one or
more unavailable to production to do the required 3590 image testing
It would be even more difficult without additional drives to manage a migration
process from 3490 to 3590 image.
Yes I know get more 9840 drives, but how to justify the cost benefits of 3590
image over 3490 image.
John

"Kraan, Helge van de" <helge.vandekraan AT volkswagen DOT de> on 04/15/2003
01:01:01 PM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>