ADSM-L

Re: defective tape

2003-04-14 12:46:02
Subject: Re: defective tape
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:27:50 -0400
>I believe the tape is completely gone.  I try to access that tape volume
>but no success.  The tape drive cannot read or write to the tape volume.
>I guess all is lost then.  :(

You say "*The* tape drive..."; but if you have more than one, make sure
you try Move Data - more than once - on all the tape drives.  One of
them may be able to get something off of it.

At least the time now is relatively soon after the original backups so
that the next backup after Delete Volume is likely to re-capture the data.
Do Query Content before deletion and advise the client of the data which
may not have been captured.

   Richard Sims, BU