ADSM-L

Re: Geographically diverse TSM server??

2003-04-14 09:01:00
Subject: Re: Geographically diverse TSM server??
From: "Wilcox, Andy" <andy.wilcox AT AQUILA-NETWORKS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:55:47 +0100
Only Minor flaw I can see is having just one TSM server. If you mirror at
AIX level across sites and lose the server, the storage (at the secondary
site) will be inaccessable due to volume group locks created by the server
at the primary site. The only supported way around this is to implement a
HA/CMP cluster.

Cheers

Andy Wilcox
Midrange Services