ADSM-L

how many tapedrives to be used to migrate?

2003-04-13 16:48:36
Subject: how many tapedrives to be used to migrate?
From: adsm <adsm AT PHRAD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 20:37:05 GMT
hi all,

first of all, its me mi©helle, but changed my email
adress.

I need to migrate my diskpool (210GB) really fast.
I have a 3575L32 library (correct the one that was busted
last week and I had to change the mainboard) with 5 3570 CA1
drives.
Ive set the diskpool migration processes to 4, but adsm3.1
only uses 2 drives! am I doing something wrong or does adsm
only use 2 drive maximum? below is my diskpool config and my
tapepool config.
Storage Pool Name: BAK_DISKPOOL
               Storage Pool Type: Primary
               Device Class Name: DISK
         Estimated Capacity (MB): 259,781.6
                        Pct Util: 54.9
                        Pct Migr: 54.9
                     Pct Logical: 100.0
                    High Mig Pct: 0
                     Low Mig Pct: 0
                 Migration Delay: 0
              Migration Continue: Yes
             Migration Processes: 4
               Next Storage Pool: BAK_TAPEPOOL
            Reclaim Storage Pool:
          Maximum Size Threshold: No Limit
                          Access: Read/Write
               Overflow Location:
           Cache Migrated Files?: No
                      Collocate?:
           Reclamation Threshold:
 Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed:
   Delay Period for Volume Reuse:
          Migration in Progress?: Yes
            Amount Migrated (MB): 20,683.68
Elapsed Migration Time (seconds): 2,018
        Reclamation in Progress?:
 Volume Being Migrated/Reclaimed:
  Last Update by (administrator): MICHELLE
           Last Update Date/Time: 04/13/03 22:01:13

Storage Pool Name: BAK_TAPEPOOL
               Storage Pool Type: Primary
               Device Class Name: 3570
         Estimated Capacity (MB): 1,795,750.1
                        Pct Util: 5.1
                        Pct Migr: 5.1
                     Pct Logical: 100.0
                    High Mig Pct: 90
                     Low Mig Pct: 70
                 Migration Delay: 0
              Migration Continue: Yes
             Migration Processes:
               Next Storage Pool:
            Reclaim Storage Pool:
          Maximum Size Threshold: No Limit
                          Access: Read/Write
               Overflow Location:
           Cache Migrated Files?:
                      Collocate?: Yes
           Reclamation Threshold: 50
 Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed: 99
   Delay Period for Volume Reuse: 0 Day(s)
          Migration in Progress?: No
            Amount Migrated (MB): 0.00
Elapsed Migration Time (seconds): 0
        Reclamation in Progress?: No
 Volume Being Migrated/Reclaimed:
  Last Update by (administrator): MICHELLE
           Last Update Date/Time: 04/13/03 10:00:27