ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange

2003-04-11 16:49:26
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:49:08 -0400
Rajesh,

I haven't seen this before.
The key here is to find out how those "meta" objects were deleted.
That is, were they "expired" somehow or was there a problem with
the TSM Server disk/database and some DB objects were lost?
You may want to run some scheduled "SHOW VERSION" commands to
"watch" those objects... i.e. watch the expiration dates,
and management classes, and make sure they are the same
for the data objects as the meta objects.

Please continue to work with support.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Remember that the best job security is
doing a job well and doing it cheerfully.

We are having a problem with the TDP for Exchange ver 2.2 on 1 of our
Exchange 5.5 Server.
We have a management class that keeps the backups for Exchange for 93 days
and we do full backups every night.
In the dsm.opt we have
Include * Exchange
Exchange Management class retains it for 93 days.
Now the problem is that I can see the Directory Backups for 93 days but the
Information Store for only 13 Days  (as of today).
I am working with Tivoli Support and what we found out was that for the
Information Store the
HL_NAME  \meta\ had records that go back just 13 days. So even though when
I do a select * from backups where node_name ='SNT469_ECA' shows that the
Inactive version for the Information store goes back 93 days, since the
meta for the Information Store can go back only 13 days I can restore only
back from 13 days.

FILESPACE_NAME    |FILE |STATE   |TYPE|HL_NAME|LL_NAME|OBJECT_ID
                  |SPACE|        |    |       |       |
SNT469\Information|2    |INACTIVE|FILE|\meta\ |full   |Exchange
       Store      |     |_VERSION|    |       |       |

How is this possible that I can lose only the meta records for the
Information Store but not the HL_NAME=logs, data\000\public or private for
the Information Store and none for the Directory?
My question is "Under what circumstances can this happen?
I don't have a problem with any of my other sites.