ADSM-L

TDP for Exchange

2003-04-11 15:06:39
Subject: TDP for Exchange
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:05:49 -0400
We are having a problem with the TDP for Exchange ver 2.2 on 1 of our Exchange
5.5 Server.
We have a management class that keeps the backups for Exchange for 93 days and
we do full backups every night.
In the dsm.opt we have
Include * Exchange
Exchange Management class retains it for 93 days.
Now the problem is that I can see the Directory Backups for 93 days but the
Information Store for only 13 Days  (as of today).
I am working with Tivoli Support and what we found out was that for the
Information Store the
HL_NAME  \meta\ had records that go back just 13 days. So even though when I do
a select * from backups where node_name ='SNT469_ECA' shows that the Inactive
version for the Information store goes back 93 days, since the meta for the
Information Store can go back only 13 days I can restore only back from 13 days.

FILESPACE_NAME    |FILE |STATE   |TYPE|HL_NAME|LL_NAME|OBJECT_ID
                  |SPACE|        |    |       |       |
SNT469\Information|2    |INACTIVE|FILE|\meta\ |full   |Exchange
       Store      |     |_VERSION|    |       |       |

How is this possible that I can lose only the meta records for the Information
Store but not the HL_NAME=logs, data\000\public or private for the Information
Store and none for the Directory?
My question is "Under what circumstances can this happen?
I don't have a problem with any of my other sites.

Thanks for any help.

Rajesh Oak