ADSM-L

Re: Unable to restore files

2003-04-09 18:29:51
Subject: Re: Unable to restore files
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 18:29:29 -0400
>Ok, nevermind, it just decided to sit there for 18 mins 10 secs before
>mounting a tape or giving me any indication that it was even going to try.

We don't know just what type of restore you were trying to perform or
the amount of filespace data involved (Active +/- Inactive).  As the
doc explains, the client often pulls the full list of files from the
server before starting a restore (or Inc Backup, for that matter).
That takes time, and the amount of time depends upon the capabilities
of your configuration.

  Richard Sims, BU